On receipt of sample in the Sample Room, checks are made to ascertain the genuinity of the sample. The acceptability of the sample depends on the following :
1. The details in the Test Request/forwarding letter match with the sample (s) deposited/forwarded and seals, if any, indicated in the forwarding letter/Test Requested tally with the seals on the sample i.e. punch mark or tag with wax seal.
3. The quantity/size/weight, etc. are adequate.
4. The size, range, capacity, etc of the sample suits the test/calibration facilities available.
5. No directive/specific order from the concerned Laboratory Incharge regarding non acceptance of any particular type of sample.
6. No sign of any damage/deterioration of the sample that may have occurred during transit.
7. Testing fees are to be paid in advance by DD/P.O/Cheque (details as mentioned under "Dealing with Customers")
1. Acknowledgement of receipt of sample(s) is issued to the customer/firm.
2. Probable Date of Completion (PDC) is given.
3. Service Request Format (SRF) is generated which contains the details of the testing and PDC
4. Laboratory takes up the the testing process after receiving test fees.
5. Test Certificates are uploadedin the website of NTH which can be viewed by the customer using the unique code issued on demand.
6. Test Certificates are generally sent under a covering letter addressing the firm/customer and the is sent by Registered Post or to hand over to the representative of the concerned firm against a valid authorisation letter.